Sunday 21 December 2014

Dutch and "HONEST"

Dutch people like to be just the way they are. They think to have the right to do so. They don`t say something nice that they don`t actually believe. They won`t try to make a good impression on you. They won`t change themself to make you happy. They feel that their opinion of themself is more important than yours.

For this reason I`ve seen more diversity and originality among the young people here in the Netherlands. And I realised how strong  the conformism is in my italian city. How people always try to go with the mass.

When dutch people want something they usually get it. When they believe something, they say it. And they are proud of it. They don`t like to be told what to do or how to behave. They don`t even follow the recipes for cooking, cause <Who says that I`ve to cook in that way? I like it in this other way!> and that`s why it`s so common to put salad in pasta (as an italian I still suffer for their disrespect for pasta).
Sometimes, yeah, it can be rude, and uncompromising, and but they call it HONESTY.

Haydèe

No comments:

Post a Comment