Wednesday 28 January 2015

Dutch and INDEPENDENT

Young people in Netherlands have a job since they are 14 years old. They earn their money, and use them to buy what they want. Usually they don`t receive pocket money from their parents, so common in Italy.
Young people in Netherlands have bikes and go everywhere with them. To school, to work, to the gym, to the beach when it`s not too far.
Public trasportation system works and can bring you wherever you want. Even if dutch people always complain about trains` delay and high prices, the service is still really good compared to Italy.

Young people in Netherlands are independent. I was looking for independence when I left Italy. And here I found it. There are some moments in which I feel a sudden and surprising happiness. I realise I am living and I am living the best. I am an individual and I am alive and I am free. I`m on a journey and it`s going to last all my life. In those moments I understand the real point of being an exchange student.

Haydèe

No comments:

Post a Comment